Monday, February 18, 2013

DIY art inspired by nature






check out the video above to see what I did!


what you need:
  • a canvas, size as you desire
  • acrylic color/watercolor, whatever you prefer (I used plain old watercolor and it worked just fine!)
  • some paint brushes
  • all the stuff you want to put on your canvas! I used moss, leaves (pressed), little berry-thingies I found in the wood, black sand, red sand, raffia and quinoa
  • glue ha! you can use regular liquid glue, you may want to use hot glue for the raffia or the moss, but I used regular glue for them too which worked out okay so it's not really necessary
  • sealing spray

what you do:
  • first I sketched a pattern because I kinda wanted to know where this is going :)
  • then paint your canvas, I used orange and worked over it with some yellow ocher, but you can use any color you want!
  • make sure you get the edges too, otherwise it looks really weird from the side
  • sketch on your pattern
  • paint your pattern wherever you need; you don't have to do that throughout the hole canvas, because you're gonna cover a lot of it anyways!
  • glue on what you chose to use; in case you're using berries or something similar, make sure you hang them upside down to dry first! You don't want them rotting on your piece of art in the living room :D; any when using leaves, you should press them first, I just put mine in a book for a couple of days
  • the final step: give it a really good spray with a sealing spray! 


I think this is a great idea for decorating a big empty wall anywhere in your home. This unique and 3D piece of art makes a huge impact and is totally adaptable to (almost) any taste!



the products I used:
I got everything I needed at idee. or in the wood :)
http://www.idee-shop.de/shop/#

if this isn't available in your country, you can get all of this stuff here for example:
http://www.michaels.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment