check out the video above to see what I did!
what you need:
- a (white) shirt
- maybe a sketch of the design
- a board or something else to put inside the shirt to prevent the color of pushing through the fabric and leaving spots on the back
- a pencil
- a ruler
- different colors of fabric paint: I used red, orange, yellow and green
- paint brushes
- an iron
what you do:
- measure the size of the design, where you want it to start and the width of the shirt
- sketch in these measurements to get a frame for your work
- put whatever you chose to use for protection inside the shirt
- smooth the shirt over the board and secure it with pegs
- sketch out the silhouette of your design using the pencil
- then you can start drawing
- this is a lot easier than it may look!
- when you're done and the paint is dried, flip your shirt inside out, put the board inside again and iron it 5-10 minutes to seal in the paint and make it washable!