Wednesday, April 10, 2013

my "diet" and FYI

Hey there!

Today I decided to share some personal facts with you plus what I'm planning on incorporating or expanding on my blog.
Thanks to mother nature I am prone to getting a low iron value in my blood. This causes a low erythrocytes number which can lead to above-average tiredness, inactivity, weariness and more. Before I got diagnosed, I had times when I slept around 16 hours a day and was still tired the whole time and could not do a single thing.
This situation was also a little influenced by my diet back then. I was a kind-of-vegetarian. To put it plainly: I was a vegetarian for 6 days a week, I gave myself a break for one day.
I did that because I'm not a huge fan of meat and it's possible effects on the body, especially when consumed in great quantities. I gave myself this one day break, because frankly, I crave a steak sometimes. It's just like that. In addition to that, I'm not really convinced that eating no meat at all, is really the healthiest thing to do. I'm just not. I know people can go vegetarian or vegan for a whole bunch of years without issues but I have a really bad feeling with that. But that's not really the point here.
When I got diagnosed, I stopped that diet since I wanted to get better as quickly as possible. By now I've been feeling fine for about a year now I think...I'm not really sure. And I get frequently a blood check up so everything actually IS fine. 
Anyhooow, I decided to go back on my diet again. I talked to my doctor and now I know how I have to eat to even out the lack of iron that the barely-eating-any-meat diet will cause.
And here's how this is gonna be incorporated in my blog. I'm planning on sharing some information about different foods and their nutrient content, like iron, protein and maybe vitamins (I'm gonna talk about the link between that in following posts). Like what I did in this post about quinoa.
Plus my recipes will mainly be vegan/vegetarian, but I think it's really easy to just add meat somehow, for all of you who can't be without it :D

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think about my plans :)

No comments:

Post a Comment