Saturday, September 28, 2013

repurposed etagere


As you all know, I moved quite a while ago from Germany to Belgium to attend university. As any other student, I don't have much space nor money - which gets even worse when you're living in a big city - , so I have to come up with some cheap ideas to store my stuff in a small space.
I already did a post on (spacesaving) makeup organisation and now it's time for the jewelry!

Lucky for me, there are a million fleamarkets here in Brussels with really good stuff. You can find a lot of vintage or used(-looking) things for a good deal and add them to your room/apartment as decorative and practical accents at the same time.

I bought an old metal etagere which is already a little matt and clouded but has a really nice and pretty, lace-y rim. It looks really girly and vintage but I think it creates a cool contrast against my usual, sometimes a little tomboy-ish or minimalistic style. 

On the lower, slightly bigger part, I'm storing my go-to bracelets which I organized (a little) by color, at least up to now. Who knows how long that's gonna last? I'm giving myself a month until it's all just a big clutter of leather, studs and pearls. 
The upper part is holding on to my necklaces and rings so far. My necklaces are going to move in with my earrings soon though, but that's going to be another post.





...yes, that's a Golden Snitch. And it has wings. And a watch inside. Aw yeah!



No comments:

Post a Comment