Sunday, October 6, 2013

green bean and millet seed salad with tomatoes and feta

what you need (for a small bowl):
  • 100g feta
  • 1 tomato
  • about 6 tbsp millet seed
  • about 20 green beans
  • 1tsp tomato paste
  • 1tsp oregano
  • 1/2tsp sweet paprika
  • 1/2tsp sambal oelek (if you like)
  • a sip of olive oil

what you do:
  • wash beans and cut off their ends
  • chop beans, tomato and feta; I chopped my tomato somewhat finely because I feel like this way its taste and juice spread more easily
  • cook beans the way you like them; I covered mine with a little water and added vegetable stock powder 
  • fish the beans out of the water and use the same water to cook millet seed
  • cook it for a couple minutes (at mid-heat), then turn off the heat and let the seeds soak and swell for some more minutes
  • drain whatever water might be left
  • put beans and seeds into bowl, add tomato and feta
  • add all the spices etc. and blend very well 
  • I didn't add any vinegar to this salad because I felt like it wouldn't really fit, but if you think it might then just go for it ;)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment